Thursday, April 7, 2011

3 Very Important Updates

Luke is crawling!  Sure, it's the army crawl belly scoot, but it's still moving from one end of the room to the other & he is so proud of himself.  Last night he even went from the crawl position to sitting up which is something that he has been working on for a while.  Oh, & if there's something that he spots across the room that looks like the perfect chew toy, watch out because he will SPRINT crawl belly scoot to get to it.  And when he does I can't help but think of that silly song, Boot Scootin' Boogy.  Because he really does "get down, turn around, go to town, boot scootin' boogy" - and as always, it's the cutest thing ever!

This week Luke got his first A+ in daycare.  Of course they don't really grade them, but they do send a report home daily which tells us how he did that day.  Luke's been in daycare for about four months now & I'm not exaggerating when I say that he has never had a good day - poor baby!  I was actually starting to get frustrated & annoyed because they always circle the same thing: "Luke needed more attention than usual".  And they would sometimes circle it like 500 times so that it's bolded on the page which really made me mad because I already know that he needs more attention than usual - that's just Luke!  It's part of his personality - he loves attention & if he doesn't get it right away and all the time, he will scream and cry until he does.  Really, there's no need to circle it 500 times - I get it!  But finally yesterday, after 4 months of failing grades, Luke finally passed - & not just barely, but with an A+ (I'm a teacher, I grade things).  "Cheerful" & "happy" were circled on his report.  I was shocked & even checked to make sure that there wasn't some kind of mistake.  Nope, no mistake, this was Luke's best day ever!  His teacher also said that he was crawling all over the room and smiling a lot.  So, my Luke was cheerful, happy, crawling, & smiling!  All in one day.  Needless to say, I was one proud momma!

I saved the best update for last - Luke is finally sleeping through the night.  At almost 8 months old, he has decided that he no longer needs to wake up 2-4 times a night to eat.  The first time he did this was the night of April 1st.  I told Brad the next day that I'm sure Luke was just playing an April fools joke on us - this just wasn't like him & we never thought he'd be able to sleep longer than 3-4 hour stretches.  Sure enough the next night he was up every 2 hours crying for either the bottle or pacifier.  We were exhausted & decided that we would take out Pedi's advice & the next night would turn off the monitor & let him cry it out.  I was so nervous & was not looking forward to it (& honestly didn't really believe that we'd be able to do it since we've never been able to do it before).  But, Luke suprised us again that next night & slept through the night.  He's been doing it ever since.  It's wonderful.

Those are the most important updates for now - I can't wait to see what comes next.  I cherish every minute I spend with Luke - even the crying, fussy, need more attention than usual days because I know this time will pass by way too fast & I don't ever want to forget these precious moments.

I love my little boot scootin' boogy-ing, cheerful, happy, smiling, sleeping through the night baby boy more than words can express.  My heart explodes.

And finally, some pics taken today!


























No comments: